Help with personal tax
We provide a personal tax service for individuals, the self-employed and landlords. With the tax regime becoming more complex, and more focus put on taxpayers’ individual responsibilities, everyone who is subject to taxation needs professional advice and support if they are to optimise their tax position and to ensure that they meet all the compliance requirements.
Our fee structure enables us to provide a high quality service at an affordable cost and without any surprises. The practice is not VAT registered so there is no 20% VAT add-on charge.
We prepare annual accounts in accordance with UK Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for:
· Sole traders
· UK property rental
Self assessment tax returns
Self assessment can be a time consuming and often confusing business for busy individuals. And judging by the number of taxpayers who are penalised by HMRC each year it can also be very costly if:
· Deadlines are missed
· Incorrect returns are delivered
· Appropriate records are not retained or presented.
We aim to spare you all these headaches and free up your valuable time by offering a comprehensive service that includes:
· Calculating your tax liability
· Completing and filing your tax return on your behalf
· Advising you when various payments are due and how much to pay
· Advising on appropriation record retention
· Introducing you to any relevant tax saving ideas
· Representing you in the event of your being selected for investigation by HMRC
We can act as your agent so that we can deal directly with HMRC on your behalf and, should you be selected for a self-assessment enquiry, act for you at any meetings.
Tax free protection service
Every year, HMRC opens enquiries into thousands of personal and business tax returns and accounts. Many tax investigations are random. Even if you have nothing wrong, you are still at risk of an investigation which can take many months and cost thousands of pounds of professional fees.
This service, which is backed by an insurance policy that we hold with Qdos Vantage Ltd, will cover our professional fees that result from many types of HMRC enquiry or investigation. We can reclaim our costs in protecting you during a tax investigation and we will be able to defend you in the event HMRC check your books and records. Protection starts from the very first request. To provide this service we need to be acting as the appointed tax agent.
Year round tax advice
· Income tax
· Capital gains tax (including principal private residence and second homes)
· Construction industry scheme (CIS)
· Inheritance tax and will planning
· Pension planning
· Rental income and furnished holiday lettings
· Trust and estate
We will be pleased to discuss with you your needs and how our services can be of assistance to you.